D.Sc. in Philology
Corresponding Member of the Russian Academy of Sciences
Director of the Institute of Russian Literature (Pushkin House) of the Russian Academy of Sciences
Head of the Department of Relations between Russian and Foreign Literature IRL RAS.
Ph.D. Thesis: Emilia Pardo Basan and Russian Literature in Spain (1977)
Dr.Hab. Thesis: The destiny of the myth on Don Quijote in Russian and in the world (1994).
Research interests: International relations of Russian literature, History and Theory of Literary Translation, Imagology.
Member of the Committee for Education and Science of the Russian Federation
Member of the Council for Science and Innovation under the Ministry of Culture of the Russian Federation
Member of the Council for Speech Culture under the Governor of St. Petersburg
Member of the Board of the D. S. Likhachev Foundation
Co-chair of the Commission "Russia, Spain, Latin America: Relations and Relations of Cultures" RAS
President of Saint Petersburg Public Organization "Cervantes Foundation"
Officer's Cross of the Order of Isabella the Catholic (Spain)
Member of the Specialized Academic Council for the defense of Doctoral dissertations of the Faculty of Philology at St. Petersburg State University
Member of the Academic Council of the Faculty of Philology at St. Petersburg State University
Deputy Chairman of the Editorial Board of the series "Literary Monuments" RAS
Editor-in-Chief of the journal "Russian Literature" RAS
Chairman of the Editorial Board of the Complete Works of F.M.Dostoevsky (2nd edition, revised and expanded)
Member of the Editorial Board of the Complete Works of A.S. Pushkin
Member of St. Petersburg Writers' Union
Member of the Expert Commission that evaluates applications for fundamental research at St. Petersburg State University from the federal budget
Member of the Supervisory Board of the RSUH Humanities Readings
Member of the Public Council of the Award "Bol'shaya kniga"
Member of the Public Council of the journal "Zvezda"
Chairman of the jury of the literature competition within the framework of the Interregional Historical and Educational Competition of research and creative works of students "Serving the Fatherland: Events and names", held by the Center of National Glory
Chairman of the jury of the international competition of young talents "Prometheus Star"
- Emilia Pardo Basan i russkaia literatura v Ispanii [Emilio Pardo Basan and Russian Literature in Spain]. Leningrad, Nauka Publ., 1982. 152 p. In Russ.
- Dorogami "Don Kikhota" [The Ways of Don Quijote]. Moscow, Kniga Publ., 1988. 447 p. In Russ.
- El Quijote vivido por los rusos. Madrid, CSIC, 1995. 145 p. In Spanish.
- Russkie marshuty v Ispanii [Russian Paths in Spain]. Paris, "Bibliograf", 2004. In Russ.
- Russkaia poeziia Serebrianogo veka i romanskii mir [The Russian Poetry of the Silver Age and the Romance World]. Saint Petersburg, Giperion, 2005. 230 p. In Russ.
- Rossiia i Ispaniia: obshchaia granitsa [Russian and Spain: Common Border]. Moscow, Nauka Publ., 2006. 476 p. In Russ.
- Don Kikhot v Rossii i russkoe donkikhotstvo [Don Quijote in Russia and Russian Quixotics]. Leningrad, Nauka Publ., 2009. 226 p. In Russ.