1. It is mandatory that all manuscripts submitted to the journal Достоевский и мировая культура are peer reviewed by experts in the field.
2. At the first stage of the reviewing process, the Editorial Department reviews manuscripts on the subject of their compliance with the journal’s formal requirements.
3. Manuscripts that do not meet the formal requirements or the subject scope of the journal will not be considered or peer reviewed. The Editorial Board decides whether the essay shall not be considered or accepted for publication.
4. Manuscripts that meet the formal requirements or the subject scope of the journal are sent to two independent reviewers in the specific field of the submitted manuscript.
5. The essay undergoes a double “blind” review process, e.g. when any of the reviewers knows the author’s name nor the author knows the names of the reviewers.
6. The invited reviewers may be members of the Editorial Board or any other highly qualified experts from IWL RAS and other institutions. Reviewers must follow the principles of Publishing Ethics accepted by the journal.
7. Reviews are written in a free form or according to the scheme developed by the Editorial Board.
8. The review is sent to the author on his or her request without indicating the reviewer’s name, job title, and place of work. If the reviewer recommends that the author revises/makes minor revisions and resubmits the manuscript, he or she will be sent a partial text of the review with suggestions without indicating the reviewer’s name, job title, and place of work. In case of rejection, the author will receive a motivated refusal.
9. The essay sent to the author for revision shall be returned by the time specified in the letter.
10. The essay rejected by reviewers shall not be resubmitted or considered at the Editorial Board meeting.
11. The time period of the review is determined in each particular case considering the most rapid possible publication of the essay. It takes the maximum of three months to have the manuscript reviewed.
12. The manuscripts that have successfully undergone the peer review process will be considered at the Editorial Board meeting. After making a decision about the essay’s acceptance, the author will receive a letter briefly informing him or her about the results of the review and the possible date of publication.
13. The original copies of reviews are kept in the archive of the journal Достоевский и мировая культура for 5 years.
14. Members of the Editorial Board, international Editorial Board, and the Editorial Department have the right for the priority publication of one (1) article per year; these articles are reviewed and accepted for publication on a common basis.